Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Douchebag Exemption: All Aboard Amtrak


This past weekend, I found myself acting like a complete douchebag. After careful review of the evidence, I have decided that like all rules, the rules of douchedom must have exceptions as well. 

Therfore: One can act like a douchebag when dealing with Amtrak ticket window workers.

Here's what happened. I used points to book a ticket to San Diego, but when I showed up to collect my ticket, I was told that I was traveling on a "blackout date" and I should pay up. Well, since I had an email receipt with a reservation for a free ticket, I decided I shouldn't have to pay up. 

But since I booked my ticket through Amtrak Guest Rewards, you see, the agent at the counter couldn't help me. They have no way of communicating. I had to get on the phone and call the guest rewards people myself. And so, after being told that they made an uncorrectable mistake, and me, with a train to catch and a principle to stand on - I proceeded to yell and scream and generally act like a douchebag.

And thus, be it known, you are allowed to act like a douchebag in the face of municipal bureaucracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment