Monday, March 16, 2009

Driving like a Douche: LA Freeway Drivers (part 1 of a zillion)


I may not be the best driver, at least according to my fiance, but at least I don't drive like a douchebag.

There are many ways one can drive douchily, and in Los Angeles, you'd think people were trying to win a Driving like a Douche award or something. Today, I want to focus on the lanes of freeway travel.

Lanes on freeways were made both to accommodate more traffic and bring some order to the system. Thus, the far right lane is for slower drivers, and those entering and exiting the freeway, and the far left lane is for speeders. The in between lanes make gradual steps between the two - thus it might follow that the 2nd lane is for cautious speed limit drivers, the 3rd lane for over the limit but not 4th lane level drivers.

Now, it is your job to know these rules and abide by them. You are a douchebag if you are speeding in the far right lane - because I am trying to enter the freeway. It is your job to know that if I am entering, I am going to be going slower then you, and also, I have nowhere else to go but this lane. You, on the other hand, can change to any of the other three lanes. May I reccommend the speeding lane.

You are also a douchebag if you are going too slow in the speeding lane, because I want to get a move on. You have no business being here. You drive a piece of shit car and you should head for the number 2 lane, so you can exit soon.

The rest should be rather self explanatory. Now stop driving like a douche.

No comments:

Post a Comment